Sunday, November 20, 2011

Are Americans lazy?


Obama allegedly calling Americans "lazy". USA investigate the number of USA. Average annual work hours is 1778hours. It's average. Minimum mandatory annual paid leave is zero days. It's not lazy. Compulsory maternity leave is zero weeks. It's not lazy. Retirement age is 66. It's not lazy. Standard school year is 180 days. It's lazy. Math skills of 15 years old is No,25. It's lazy.

I think USA is not lazy. Before I came here, I never think of that. When I go shopping, I think American is enjoying own life and hard work, so it's good a balance.

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. I don't think it is possible to define Americans as "lazy" because there are many different kinds of Americans. Some are really, really lazy, and others work very hard. I think this applies to all countries. Thank you for sharing this!

    -Jamie from the Front Office

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compared to our country (Japan), American people do seem to take their career lightly. And especially in Hawaii, the work ethics are less rigid than those of Japanese employees. That doesn't necessarily define American people as 'lazy', I guess. I do agree on you opinion that the people here seem to enjoy themselves. I believe in a life of 'working to live', not in 'living to work'.

    Chisato from the office

    ReplyDelete